Most often that word refers to a mode of transportation of the transporting of an object from Point A to Point B. But for me, over the past decade or so, this word has come to have more of a sentimental meaning to my vivid imagination. Yes, my friends, I am talking about the wonderful realm of fanfiction and the putting of two characters together who might not necessarily be either in the same universe, or in the same universe but not remotely interested in the other, or just putting two characters together who are just perfect for each other and the universe falls into perfect compliance.
- Jelsa – Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians) and Elsa (Frozen)
- like…this one is my absolute favorite! Two different universes obviously but would still be so amazing.
- Bruce Banner and Natasha Romanoff
- you don’t understand. I shipped them before it was a ship and didn’t even know it. When she met him the first time in the first Avengers movie, I was like “Awww! They’re so cute together!”
- Rose Tyler and The Doctor (10…obviously)
- Rose was just perfect for The Doctor and I cried so much when their story arc came to an end.
- Christine Daae and Erik
- one of those instances where the universe does not fall into compliance with my wishes. I believe she would have been perfect for him and they would have had a wonderful life together, but she rejected him. That’s okay because he’s mine now.
Those are just a few of my ships. I also favor Scarlet Witch/Vision but don’t tell my roomie that. She’ll have my head. I also ship Hermione/Draco, Katara/Zuko, Severus/Lily, and Belle/Rumpelstiltskin. There are a ton more and I wish I could remember them all, but since most of those ships don’t happen that leaves me the freedom to create beautiful romances for the ones left behind. Or to write some beautiful fanfiction. I swear I’ll write a Hermione/Draco one one day.
What about you? Do you have two characters that should totes be together?